· Beyond the Eyes ·

viernes, 15 de octubre de 2010

Of Classes, Fancies and Lovely Little Men

Current Mood Warning: pleased. Very.
Back from my second CAE class.

After a bunch of emails to and fro, on Tuesday I went to ELT and finally paid for the few weeks I'll be taking the course. She had to ask the teacher, a Will person, if he didn't mind my tardiness due to aupairness, and as apparently he said he didn't, it was ok for me to join. 

My clues were: class C4. Teacher: Will.  Upstairs.  So I went upstairs --almost breaking my neck in the process, because I was late and clumsy--, in search of class C4 and this Teacher Will. Didn't see the sign, but I peeked through one of the doors. Teresa was there, so I cleverly surmised that she couldn't be Will, so the other one it was.

General First Impression: I think I did the right thing, as I've enjoyed these two classes a lot. On Tuesday, the first thing they did was a role-play in which my day was getting worse and worse as it went on. I had to spoke to an angry driver, an angry colleague, an angry boss, an angry teacher -actual teacher-, an angry flatmate... It was good. Not the best thing for a newbie to be doing two minutes after having introduced herself, or maybe the best thing, for that same reason. 

Classmates: All girls class again. There are two Spanish, by the way, which is a first. To my right there was this one girl called E. Very nice, but I feel that she's the trying kid in the class. She looks like she could interrupt every five minutes to discuss something she's not sure about, or in disagreement with, or whatever. I'm in for fun times, I believe. I've also met the rest today. A lovely German named L., an italian-colombian called G., two As, Hungarian both I believe, and M. and R., which I think must be Romanian or something.  I was speaking to them for a while during the break, especially G. and L., who seem to be sort of friends, and then with the spanish girls, who are so different from each other. One shy and quiet, the other one strong and fun. Fun times, indeed. I really was missing attending to classes. Professional distortion anyone? :D

Teacher Will: Good stuff. I thought he was going to be someone else, but nope, I haven't seen him before at ELT. He doesn't mind my tardiness at all, which is a bonus point. And classes good so far, he seems to be an animated teacher.
It's kind of strange, though; even if he doesn't look exactly like it, I'm sure he must be younger than me. Not awfully so, but still a strange feeling for a teacher, to be taught by someone younger. He had a huge book on the table today, which is always nice to know about a teacher, that he's not scared of huge books. He also looks the debating type, seeing how he explained today the almost nonexistent differences between two adjectives; I bet he could spend hours debating semantics, or politics, or whatever, actually. And for some reason I can picture him being, if not a teacher, I don't know, a police officer, or firefighter, or being part of a rescue team, and  physically he looks kind of sporty, though not the Hulk exactly (not too tall for British standards; he actually kind of looks Scottish to me. I'll ask him someday).

All in all, I'm happy with the class. 

And well, in other unrelated news:

--> Fiendish Fancies are dangerous, DANGEROUS, because I can't stop either eating them or thinking about getting more and eat them. Do they deliver to Spain? Hmmm. Tomorrow first thing, trip to Co-Op/ASDA/Sainsbury's.

--> I am so officially in love with J.

"Would you like to sit with me and watch Fireman Sam?"
"I'd love to, J., but I'm busy making dinner."
*comes to the kitchen* "What are you cooking? Pasta?"
"Yup, it's pasta today. Pasta and tomato sauce."
"I have an idea! You put the pasta now and then you sit with me and then you check on the pasta after a small time."
"Mm..could do that, yes, but I need to give Ollie his bottle, too."
*disappointed and frowning* "Tomorrow I'm telling mumma that SHE cooks dinner so you can sit with me."
"Maybe mumma wants to sit with you while I am making dinner, J."
"But I want to sit with you. I have mumma all the time, you will be leaving one day."
"I'm going to be around for a long time still, J." *not exactly the truth, but..*
*J. takes my hand* "Sit with me, please..."

What did I do? I hugged him, kissed his unruly hair, put the pasta away and sat with him and Ollie to watch Fireman Sam, of course. I mean, what else was there to do. Lovely little man.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario