· Beyond the Eyes ·

viernes, 21 de mayo de 2010

My First London Cold, Blackbirds and Basil.

Current Mood Warning: descriptive


It's 4:51 pm according to Big Ben, although time is something relative here in London. I've been awake for what feels like two or three days, but it's just 5 pm. Or maybe it's that I've got this silly cold that came out of nowhere and have entered The Nebula again. 

I'm halfway through my third week in here, although it's not really counting. My host family has gone on holidays for a week, to Greece I think, which means I'm home alone. Well, not really alone. Basil is here, too.
Basil is an actual basil plant that I have to keep alive for a whole week. Never in my live I've been able to keep a plant alive, so I might be slightly obsessed with Basil's daily looks. I keep on checking on it, looking for the smallest traces of an inevitably and untimely death due to inadecuate maintenance.

But to the point. The only sounds I can hear are birdies, blackbirds, and the 37934547 airplanes flying over our Common. But not. One. Kid. NOTHING.

I'll talk further about them, but so far I have to say that V., the mother, is a very very nice woman* (*opinion subject to last minute changes), and she told me that I could bring someone here if I didn't want to be alone or something. The truth is that, so far, they treat me very well and I don't work half of what other aupairs I know do.
I'm going downstairs to take my medicine, and to see if the blackbirds are still partying in the garden, under my window.
 x

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario