· Beyond the Eyes ·

martes, 25 de mayo de 2010

29ºC. And Some Pictures.

 Current Mood Alert: HOT

I can't believe I'm i my London attic the same way I'm usually in Cádiz every summer: suffering from sticky hot weather which prevents me from sleeping or doing anything in general. 30ºC today I think it was. With no sea in sight...

After coming back home with my feet twice their size and fully roasted, I proceeded to the rummaging (rummage? Mm...) inside my suitcase, which is still half-packed. And apparently I forgot to bring summer clothes. Perhaps I wasn't 100% sure I would be still here by summer, or perhaps I wasn't aware that this kind of days existed here. I was wrong, on both accounts.  

I wanted to go out and buy some emergency items, but really, between 1 and 5pm, my free hours, the temperature out there was not inviting me to do half an hour return trip under the sun. With no summer clothes on, don't forget the aim of the trip. 

So I have nothing Londonish to report. I've taken some pictures, though. Look, look:

Big Ben from Trafalgar Square (I didn't have the foggiest idea you could see it from there):

Basil (proper noun for me): 

Harry The Vacuum Machine (yup, it says 'Henry', but for some reason in my head it's been Harry since the very first day and it's been impossible for me to change that). Don't tell me you don't feel like vacuuming all day long, if only to see his funny little happy face:

Victorian money at the British Museum:

What else, what else...my room the day I arrived. You can see the towels set too (doesn't look like this any more...):


From my window:

Me being bohemian at Hyde Park making some squirrel friends by doing something you shouldn't do, this is, feeding those squirrels:



More and better tomorrow, when I will also tell you about my five weeks Advanced Conversation course that I've booked. Highly interesting topic for people who's not me, I'm sure.

Take care,

xxx

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario