· Beyond the Eyes ·

lunes, 8 de noviembre de 2010

Myths and Legends. Episode #1

Seeing as I had planned to come in here to whine about my plans getting ruined by the rain, I'm starting the Myths and Legends series, because I just remembered that a) I said I'd do it, and b)London has nothing to do, sometimes, with what they say.

The first one being very obvious:

Myth #1.  IT'S ALWAYS RAINY IN LONDON, AND THE SUN OUT IS A RARE OCCURRENCE.

Myths and legends usually have a tiny microgram of truth running through their words, and in this case is plain to see that this one has it. But.

London weather changes at lightspeed. In Cádiz, when rain it's forecast, it's RAIN what you get, and you know that the next day, and possibly the next after next, you won't be able to leave home just walking with an umbrella, because it's just not possible. Not here. In here, when rain is forecast, you go and look at the skies and said sky is blue. "The don't get one right", you think, uniformed, about the Weather Forecast.

However, if you happen to look up again ten minutes later, they sky is dark grey and it's deluging. It doesn't matter, though, because then minutes more and you'll have blue sky again. Madness, I'm telling you. 

On the other hand, London rain it's nothing like ours. Anyone who knows me in real life knows of my ancestral hate towards rain. Rain turns me into a very unpleasant creature. Or used to,because, and I'm so pleased, I have managed to finally ignore the rain, meaning that I plan going to places without caring whether it will rain or not. Because most of the time in here, it's drizzle, and I can do drizzle with my little rainhat, or just the raincoat hoody.

Regarding the sun, it's not exactly true either that there's no sun in here. Ok, it's not andalusian sun, far from it, but I do see the sun almost daily. Less bright, yes, which is a win for me, being slightly photophobic/astigmatic person.

PLUS, dry cold weather, which means no allergy, less layers and fantastic hair. Yes, underlined. Win win. 

Therefore: 

Myth #1: FALSE 

 

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario